So perhaps this is a bit of a cheat with my A to Z challenge, but it just happens that F falls on my normal Five Things day–it’s meant to be!
- The A to Z challenge. Not only have I had the chance to think outside my normal posting ideas, I’ve gotten to read some really cool blogs. I’m excited for the rest of the month to unfold.
- This tribute on Cinefilles to late film critic Roger Ebert. I actually started crying when I heard the news. He was a great writer, lover of film, and an inspiration.
- The news that I have been invited to be part of The Best Women’s Travel Writing 2013 anthology. Last year it was an honor; this year it is mind blowing to be included again. Look for more on that as the publication date nears. Also cool? Two days after that contract came through, I had an article accepted for the summer print issue of Brain, Child, my favorite parenting magazine.
- Ploughshares has been pretty fab this week with selections from Ian Stansel, Ali Shapiro, my girl A.J. Kandathil (Seriously, why aren’t you following her blog yet?), and little me with more cowboys and a threatened ass-kicking.
- Texas VegFest with my favorite trouble-making buddy, Mitzi. Okay, we haven’t gone yet, but how is it not going to rock?