There are those days when you wake up and you can smell how much your day will suck. For me, those days happen more than the alternative: those rare days when something clues you in that, hot damn, it’s going to be a good day. Such as:
- You turn on your car radio and a classic Prince song is just beginning. Nothing like “Little Red Corvette” to kick things off.
- You somehow manage to balance concealer, powder, and foundation in the perfect storm to fake flawless skin.
- You find twenty bucks you forgot you stuffed in your pocket/purse/car.
- You actually have a moment while drinking your coffee where you taste it rather than chugging it to get on with the day.
- Your kids get up the first time you tell them to.
- You find something you forgot about but love in the back of your closet.
- Even better, you find something that was once too small but now fits.
- You catch your dog or cat still asleep with that cute scrunchy face thing.
- You get to see that amazing orange color just as the sun rises.
- You find yourself with 5 extra minutes before you take off running to just breathe.
- You remember to kiss the people you love for the day for real, not out of habit.
What are your signs of a good day, Cakesters?