So I’ll admit it– I love me some Inside the Actor’s Studio. The flow of pretension, Lipton’s over the topic enunciation and a flagrant pandering–Love. It.
My life seems to be escalating in complications with my kids, my grad class, my work, and all those other things that are gathering like water in a barrel. So this week I will cheat a bit in the area of my life where it will be the easiest: my blog.
These 10 questions originally came from a French series, Bouillon de Culture hosted by Bernard Pivot.
They're better known as the questions that James Lipton asks every guest at the end of Inside the Actor's Studio show.
- What is your favorite word? Theoretically.
- What is your least favorite word? Poop.
- What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally? Rain, Prince, Ravel’s “Bolero,” Margaret Atwood, Henry Miller, The Kinks, Walking, Yoga
- What turns you off? Excuses
- What is your favorite curse word? Mother-fucker (followed by jackass)
- What sound or noise do you love? My kids laughing, my husband’s whistling
- What sound or noise do you hate? Whining
- What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? Fashion design
- What profession would you not like to do? Complaint Department at any company
- If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates? You gotta hear this LP of “Purple Rain” live.
And finally, this lovely clip for your enjoyment. Because I too would not like to “Burn monkeys.”